APPLE Pay has been around for six years now – but already it’s hard to imagine our daily life without it.
Apple Pay allows you to buy pretty much anything without ever having to take your credit card out. But how exactly do you get started with using it?
You can set up Apple Pay on your iPhone using the Wallet app[/caption]
How to use Apple Pay on your iPhone
Before you can use Apple Pay, you’ll need to set it up. Luckily, this is a really easy process – here’s how.
1. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the + icon to add a card, then click Continue.
3. Get the card you want to pay with, and position it under your iPhone’s camera so it can scan your card number.
4. Confirm the details are correct, then click Next.
5. Enter your CVV number, then click Next again.
6. Agree to the Terms of Service.
7. Repeat these steps for any additional cards you wish to add.
There is no spending limit with Apple Pay – so you can splash out and then simply tap your phone to pay for it all[/caption]
Once Apple Pay is set up and ready to go on your phone, the next step is actually using it in a store.
If a shop accepts mobile payments they will display the Apple Pay logo by the till – and some stores even display this on the shop door.
When you queue up to pay, this is what you should do.
1. For newer iPhones with Face ID (i.e. iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, or iPhone 12), double-tap the Power button on the right side of the phone and your cards should appear.
2. Alternatively, open the Wallet app on your phone and tap on the card you want to pay with.
3. Hold your finger over Touch ID to verify yourself.
4. Lastly, move your iPhone close to the contactless terminal.
And there you have it – you’ve used Apple Pay.
Most shops will let you pay with Apple Pay these days and you’ll probably find them in: coffee shops, garages, and retailers.
What iPhone do I need to use Apple Pay?
Apple Pay was released in October 2014 – which means it can be used on any iPhone model released after this date.
This means Apple Pay is available for iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, SE, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max and 12.
Apple Pay is available for use on these models in 51 countries around the world.
Apple Pay can also be used with an Apple Watch and even a Mac.
What is the Apple Pay limit?
If you’re lucky enough to have an iPhone with Apple Pay set up, you can spend to your heart’s content, without having to worry about the £45 contactless limit.
However, in some countries overseas, you might find that you have to enter your PIN number for purchases over a certain price.
Most read in Tech
Does Apple Pay work without Internet?
Yes – you don’t need any Internet connection or even data in order to use Apple Pay.
Apple Pay uses the NFC chip (Near Field Communications) to transfer payments.
This means that even if you have run out of data, or your phone is in airplane mode, you can still use Apple Pay to make a payment.