“This Time Conor is Gonna Win”- Charles Oliveira is Confident That ‘The Irishman’ Will Defeat Dustin Poirier

The UFC Lightweight division is going crazy! With Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier fighting their third fight to settle the score and rivalry at UFC 264, the winner of this match will later fight with current lightweight champion, Charles Oliveira for the title.

In a quick interview at a parking lot in Nevada, Las Vegas, ‘Do Bronx’ picked his favorite for the main event of UFC 264. Oliveira made it clear that Conor has the striking ability to win this bout against ‘The Diamond’.

“It’s a really good fight. I’ve never chosen an opponent for me. Yes, this time Conor is gonna win,” Oliveira said.

The Brazilian will be there at the cage side at the event of UFC 264 when Conor and Dustin will try to bring each other down. UFC President Dana White has said multiple times that the winner of the trilogy fight will face the Brazilian.

Right now, both the fighters have equal shares of wins against each other. ‘The Notorious‘ one won the first fight, defeating Poirier quickly into the first round in 2014. Poirier avenged his loss and won the rematch at UFC 257 in January.

This is not the first time when Charles named Conor as his future opponent after the trilogy, speaking with TMZ earlier this week he said that Conor will win the fight through a TKO (Technical Knockout).

“I’m the champion. For me, McGregor or Poirier are the same. I’m the champion. I’m ready to fight, I’m the champion,” Charles told TMZ.

Conor McGregor is interested to face Charles Oliveira for the lightweight championship

The feeling is mutual between McGregor and Oliveira. Recently the former lightweight champion expressed his desire to face the current lightweight champion after his business with Poirier is done.

LAS VEGAS, NV – DECEMBER 12: Conor McGregor enters the Octagon before facing Jose Aldo in their featherweight championship fight during the UFC 194 event inside MGM Grand Garden Arena on December 12, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Brandon Magnus/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)

When asked if he wanted to face Oliveira next after his trilogy fight he said “yes” letting everyone know that he is getting back into the title picture once again.

“Yes, we’re going to fill out the Allegiant Stadium, the Death Star,” Conor replied at the UFC 264 pre-fight press conference.

Oliveira won the vacant lightweight title that Khabib Nurmagomedov vacated after his retirement from this sport. In May earlier this year, Charles defeated former Bellator champion Michael Chandler in the second round.

Read More: ‘This is a Dangerous Conor’- Coach Owen Roddy Says Conor McGregor Has Made a Lot of Sacrifices for UFC 264

 

The post “This Time Conor is Gonna Win”- Charles Oliveira is Confident That ‘The Irishman’ Will Defeat Dustin Poirier appeared first on EssentiallySports.