The #1 Secret Bin At Charity Shops With The BEST STUFF
A CHARITY shop fan has revealed her favourite section to look in for the most expensive-looking items – and it’s probably not the one you’re thinking of. Faye De Lanty considers herself a sustainable stylist and has even penned a book about her shopping pursuits, called OPSHOPULENCE. She also shares her best tips on her
A charity shop fan has revealed her favorite bin to browse for the most beautiful items – and it’s probably NOT the one you’re thinking of.
Faye De Lanty considers herself a sustainable stylist and has even penned a book about her shopping pursuits called OPSHOPULENCE.
Her love of second-hand fashion has seen her score some incredible designer finds, including many items you’d likely see on the runways of Fashion Week.
Faye said that while she understands some people might be put off by wearing someone else’s clothes, she doesn’t see it that way.
Faye also revealed that there’s one section of charity shops people often forget to look in.
So, where does Faye think is the best place to start your search for high-end designer goods in charity shops?
Faye De Lanty took to TikTok to reveal the sleepwear sections of thrift shops are the best place to find expensive-looking items.
She also shared her best tips on her TikTok page and revealed in a recent video that she always makes sure she checks the sleepwear section of thrift shops.
While most people would head to the designer section searching for a bargain, Faye says that’s not always where you’ll find the best picks.
Here are 5 CHARITY SHOP HACKS I recommend to get the best deals at thrift shops:
- Check the sleepwear section – You’ll find some incredible designer finds in the sleepwear section of thrift shops.
- Look for well-made clothes – Clothes that are well-made and have a high-quality construction are more likely to look expensive.
- Avoid clothes with stains or damage – Steer clear of clothes that have stains or damage, as these are less likely to be appealing to buyers.
- Inspect the seams and buttons – Check the seams and buttons on clothing items to ensure they’re in good condition.
- Ask the staff for help – If you’re unsure about an item, ask the staff for their opinion. They may be able to tell you more about the piece and whether or not it’s a good find.
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to find some great designer clothes at your local thrift shop. So don’t hesitate to rummage through those racks, searching for your next fashion bargain!
Thrift Shops / Charity Stores have a long history…
We can trace the history of thrift shops or charity stores in the UK back to the 18th century. The first recorded instance of a thrift shop was in 1790, when London established society to promote frugality and provide relief to the poor. This society eventually evolved into the modern-day Salvation Army.
Thrift shops or charity stores began to gain popularity in the 19th century, as they were seen as a way to provide affordable goods to the working class.
Today, there are thousands of thrift shops or charity stores worldwide, and they continue to be a popular way to find affordable clothes and other items.
If you’re looking for designer clothes at a fraction of the cost, check out your local thrift shop or charity store. You never know what hidden treasures you may find!