The actress was left ‘broken and saddened’ by her experience, a source claimed (Picture: Guy Levy/BBC/PA)
In October last year, it was confirmed that the Mr Selfridge actress, 51, had quit the show, as she released a statement on Instagram revealing that she had withdrawn from the competition due to ‘personal reasons’.
In his own post to mark Amanda’s departure, Giovanni, 33, wrote: ‘Amanda ..I am so sad we can’t continue but I am proud of what we achieved and I am sending you so much love ♥️.’
Following her exit, it was claimed that Amanda wasn’t invited back to the Strictly final, despite Nigel Harman – who backed out due to an injury – being seen in the studio for the grand finale, which saw Ellie Leach and Vito Coppola lift the Glitterball Trophy.
According to new claims, Amanda has requested footage that was filmed at the rehearsals that she had with Giovanni when they were still training for the show together, and has reportedly sought out legal advice.
A source told The Sun: ‘The BBC have received a request for the footage they hold of Amanda and Giovanni. It is known as a data subject access request.
The pair performed four routines in total on the Strictly dancefloor (Picture: Guy Levy/BBC/PA)
‘There is a feeling that the recordings will lift the lid on what really goes on behind the scenes on Strictly. Things in rehearsals can become very tense.’
They stated that Giovanni, who they described as a ‘perfectionist’, can be ‘incredibly full-on’.
A source alleged that Amanda ‘has been left broken and saddened by the whole experience’ of being on Strictly, and it’s ‘taken her months to get over what she went through’.
They claimed that the actress was ‘really stressed by having to spend eight hours a day with Giovanni’, and ‘spent a lot of time crying’.
Amanda said that she left the show due to ‘personal reasons’ (Picture: BBC/Ray Burmiston)
Amanda and Giovanni competed on Strictly for four weeks together, earning a score of 31 out of 40 for their final dance, the Foxtrot.
In week five, the couple didn’t perform as the Sherlock star was forced to take a week off due to ‘medical reasons’.
The following week, she withdrew from the competition.
In her statement announcing her exit, she wrote: ‘It was an absolute joy working with my fellow contestants, they are a beautiful, hardworking and talented group of people who I love and who I will miss seeing every Friday and Saturday and competing alongside.
‘I want to thank the incredible Production team and everyone on Strictly who looked after me and who are so kind and caring. It’s a wonderful bunch of people and I’ll miss all of them.
‘I’m so sad that I am unable to go any further. Thank you to everyone who voted and who sent wonderful messages and inspiring support. You are all amazing. Truly. Thank you. xxx.’
The BBC declined to comment when contacted by Metro.co.uk.
Metro.co.uk has contacted the BBC, Amanda Abbington’s and Giovanni Pernice’s representatives for comment.
Strictly Come Dancing is available to watch on BBC iPlayer.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Entertainment – MetroRead More