Connect with us


MasterChef viewers on verge of vomiting after contestant’s severed finger left on chopping board-Ruth Lawes-Entertainment – Metro

That looked painful.

MasterChef viewers on verge of vomiting after contestant’s severed finger left on chopping board-Ruth Lawes-Entertainment – Metro

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5

Up Next

MasterChef viewers were left in shock after a contestant suffered a gruesome knife injury on the BBC show.

Charlotte, 42, an IT programmer from London, was forced to skip a challenge after slicing her finger with a knife.

She had been preparing spicy vegan dumplings when she announced the accident happened and cameras panned into her bloodied wound.

As presenter John Torode revealed she had ‘taken the top of her finger off’, producers zoomed into the blade with a slither of Charlotte’s skin on it resting on a chopping board.

The 58-year-old then said: ‘Sadly, Charlotte has cut herself and she had to leave the MasterChef kitchen for medical attention so she won’t be finishing the rest of her dish.’

Viewers on X sent their best wishes to Charlotte after the painful cut but questioned the editing decision made by the programme makers.

Wondering why the programme showed the injury in all its gory detail, @Melwelshbird commented: ‘#MasterChef Just enjoying homemade shortbread, when they showed that woman’s top of her finger still on the knife! My shortbread nearly came back up.’

Charlotte was preparing vegan spicy dumplings on MasterChef (Picture: BBC)

Charlotte showed her gruesome injury to MasterChef viewers (Picture: BBC)

Echoing their sentiment, @emzhollis yelped: ‘What the hell #masterchef the whole tip of her finger was on the chopping board.’

@hannah_cassidy gasped: ‘I was not prepared for someone chopping the end of their finger off in the first 30seconds of #MasterChef tonight.’

As she was preparing her dish, Charlotte calmly announced: ‘Oh sorry, I’ve just cut my finger. Can I have a plaster? [I took] quite a lump out.’

John said: ‘I’m sorry to say you’ve taken the top of your finger off and that means you’re probably going to have to get sorted out.’

Charlotte was seen by a medic and had her finger put in a plaster (Picture: BBC)

John announced that she had taken the opt of her finger off (Picture: BBC)

A medic then came on and put a bandage around Charlotte’s finger.

She quipped: ‘I was trying to go big or go home and I guess I did both.’

It is not the only accident to have happened on MasterChef in recent weeks.

Earlier this month, a contestant was sent home was sent home after a rookie mistake where he ‘nearly poisoned’ judges Gregg Wallace and John.

John explained to viewers that Charlotte was being seen by medics (Picture: BBC)

Peter, 49, accidentally covered his carrots in salt, not sugar, leaving John with a disgusted look on his face.

‘Woah,’ he exclaimed after one bite. ‘I think you’ve mistaken the sugar for salt.’

After he was forced to leave the competition due to the blunder, Peter added: ‘I feel disappointed, I can’t hide that, anybody would.’

‘I’ll maybe have a small chuckle to myself that I nearly poisoned John and Gregg with salt rather than sugar,’ he laughed.

MasterChef continues tomorrow at 9pm on BBC One and iPlayer.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the entertainment team by emailing us, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

Entertainment – MetroRead More